Have you heard the buzz about KYBELLA? If you suffer from fat under your chin, you’re not alone!
Our office is now offering KYBELLA, the first and only FDA-approved injectable treatment to improve the appearance of moderate to severe fat beneath the chin by physically destroying fat cells in the treatment area. Submental fullness can impact men and women, and can be influenced by several factors such as genetics, weight gain and aging and can be resistant to diet and exercise.
When injected into subcutaneous fat, KYBELLA causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat.
- SUBMENTAL FULLNESS, ALSO KNOWN AS “DOUBLE CHIN,” IS A COMMON CONCERN among facial aesthetic oriented patients.
- SUBMENTAL FULLNESS CAN IMPACT BOTH MEN AND WOMEN.
- The active ingredient in KYBELLA is deoxycholic acid, A NATURALLY OCCURRING MOLECULE IN THE BODY that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat.
- When injected into the fat beneath the chin, KYBELLA PHYSICALLY DESTROYS FAT CELLS, making them unable to accumulate or store fat.
- Once destroyed, fat cleared from the treatment area is PROCESSED THROUGH THE BODY’S NATURAL METABOLIC MECHANISMS.
- KYBELLA is INJECTED DURING A SERIES OF IN-OFFICE VISITS. The injection process may take 15 to 20 minutes.
KYBELLA® is a prescription medicine used in adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called “double chin.”